Two main things can block small businesses from working together on beneficial projects: time and cost.
program, offering up to $500 per project, is modeled after the grant
process BABA goes through to receive funds from Venture Portland
and is meant to be a straight forward way to help businesses from 12th to 60th on and near Belmont, Morrison and Stark work together to:
- Help fund a joint marketing mailer or other joint marketing effort.
- Provide seed money for a collaborative event like a Summer block party.
- Fund area improvements such as graffiti removal, landscaping, bike racks, etc that affect multiple businesses.
Basically, to give the needed boost that helps get a valuable project started and well funded for success.
What businesses need to do to apply for a grant:
1) Have at least three Belmont Area businesses (near by each other or in the same business category) involved in the planning and execution of the project.
2) Propose a project that can be completed in the summer or fall of 2015 that directly helps more than one business and, indirectly, the district as a whole.
3) Send an email,
before the grant application deadline, to firstname.lastname@example.org
letting her know you are looking into or planning to submit a grant
by the deadline.
4) Fill out the grant application Karen provides for an event or project by email by Thursday, June 4th.
5) Show planned in-kind and cash contributions from the involved businesses that are at least half of the grant amount requested.
Grants will be awarded and funds available by July 1st.
Preference will be given to projects led and supported by active BABA member businesses. We are looking forward to involving businesses that have not yet been members or are not currently members. Becoming members as you apply for the grant is helpful.
You can check out information about BABA membership here
Don’t hesitate to ask by phone, (503) 407-2667, or email, email@example.com
, if you have any questions. Our goal is to have an easy to access process and to get funds out into the district helping businesses do what you do best!